AN ARTIST NEVER DIES, HIS/HER WORK WILL ALWAYS BE FELT IN THE EXISTENCE FOREVER. Irrfan you are a true legend and we will miss you a lot.
I would like to thank Irrfan for his brave efforts to live a life with full dignity and showing the path of hope. From the bottom of our heart, my whole team is giving a big salute to him for his alive performance in the LIFE ACT. He truly deserves the heaven, my lord may his soul rest in peace.
Irrfan was one of the finest natural actors produced by mother India. A different class of personality blessed with talking eyes.
A Journey which left foot-mark of success:
Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan who was professionally known as Irrfan khan or Irrfan. He was born on 7th January 1967 in a pink city (Jaipur- Rajasthan). His professional onscreen journey accounted for 30 years. His work got recognition not only in Bollywood but also got a very good critic response from the international film fraternity. In the year 2011, he was blessed with the fourth highest civilian award ‘Padma Shri’. His work has been earned numerous accolades including the ‘National Film Award’, ‘Asian Film Award’, and various film and fare awards. Irrfan work makes him a true legend of the Indian film industry.
The essence of his success was hidden in a three-decade-long journey with a lot of struggle. At the age of 21, he kicked off his professional career with a small role in Salaam Bombay, which was removed from the final print. Probably till his success, most of us were not aware of his invisible appearance in this movie.
- During his teenage, he used to work. Once he took up a job of air conditioner repairman and visited the home of his acting inspiration, Rajesh Khanna in 1984.
- He was so much inspired by Rajesh Khanna. In an interview he has quoted “The kind of craze witnessed by Rajesh Khanna has not been duplicated by anyone. He was the biggest and the most real star Bollywood has produced”
- Irrfan was a multi-talented personality. He got an opportunity to become a cricketer. He was selected as an emerging player for the C K Nayud trophy, although destiny had different life plans for him.
- Irrfan was one of the free flow character and a very outspoken person. He had put a question mark on fasting during Ramzan, later on he was trolled at social media and faced criticism. His vision was pretty much clear, that the humans should introspect rather than sacrificing a life of any living being.
Click here to see the video.
Awards and recognition:
- Filmfare awards – He won Filmfare awards four times in various categories
- 2004 – Haasil – Best Performance in a negative role
- 2008 – Life in a Metro – Best Supportive Actor
- 2013 – Paan Singh Tomar – Best Actor (Critics)
- 2018 – Hindi Medium – Best Actor
- National Film awards
- 2013 – Paan Singh Tomar – Best Actor
- Padma Shri – Fourth prestigious Indian national award for the people of India
- Asian Film awards – The Lunchbox – Best Actor
Films done by Irrfan (A True legend)