World-famous “Surajkund International Craft Mela 2020” is alive for the public.
Location: Surajkund – Faridabad (Haryana – India) [MAP]
Period: 1st Feb (SAT) 2020 to 16th February (SUN) 2020
Timings: 10:30 AM (opening) & 8:30 PM (Closing)
Main Attractions: Wonderful mix of regional and international crafts and traditions at one place.
Art & Culture are the lifelines for any country, we are blessed to have a wonderful showcase in the form of “Surajkund International Craft Mela”. It is one of the own kind of festival to bring all communities to come together to cheer Indian tradition. Cultural ambiance lift the soul of this festival and diversity adds the variation flavor to represent the ethos of rural India.
The Surajkund International Crafts Mela is a spectrum million colors, which includes:
- Most exquisite handlooms and handicrafts of different parts of India.
- Handmade fabrics soaked in ethnic colors to enlighten visitors.
- An umbrella of a multi-cuisine Food Court provides ethnic cuisines from different parts of the world.
- Designated places for amusement, adventure sports and joy rides available for young legs.
- Live performances from renowned international and national folk artists and cultural groups boost the fun in everyone’s life.
- Different ARTworks like painting, sculptures, embroideries.
Surajkund festival is now enjoying the ride of the 34th year. It got the recognition of the International festival in the year of 2013. About 20 + countries are participating in this festival which includes countries from European & African continents and SAARC nations
A fortnight program and a presence of million-plus visitors’ makes is very special. It is one of the major attractions for the year and attracts a handsome amount of visitors. It makes this festival one of the largest crafts fairs in the world.
Suraj Kund Mela is also an example of team efforts, as a collaboration between Unit Ministries of Tourism, textile, culture and external affairs along with Harayana Tourism sets high standards of team efforts and help Mela organizers to life the soul of the festival.
Important information for the Mela visitors:
Mela authorities are doing an extremely good job, in addition to that, they are lifting the Indian diversified culture as well. Here are some points to know before visiting this festival:
- Divyangs, Senior citizens, servicing defense services (includes ex-servicemen) will get a 50% rebate on the entry ticket.
- ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign of Haryana government allows the girl students of government and government-aided schools to have free entry to the Mela on weekdays.
- No use of plastic bags and other items.
- Tickets are available online via http://www.bookmyshow.com
Ensure to visit this Mela and enjoy the tour of Indian diversity.